This year, to celebrate the holidays, we will be hosting a Holiday Get Together! There will be treats and a special collaborative project, details to follow.
When: December 3rd, 2014
Time: 5:30 pm - 6:45 pm
Where: Will be announced soon!
We will be working on a fun, secret collaborative project. It will be announced at the beginning of the night and everyone will be welcome to participate!
For those who would like to participate, we will be playing the White Elephant Game. The gifts do not have to be expensive. Think super simple and fun!
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool
- Max gift value of $20 total
- Can be multiple gifts in one present but must still be under the $20 total
- Gift Cards only accepted if it is with another gift to go along with it
- No Cheap Dollar store items, please
- Do not re-purpose gifts that you don't want, get something you think people might enjoy
- DO NOT TELL PEOPLE YOUR GIFT CHOICE
2. Players draw names to determine what order they will go in
- Starts with anyone drawing first
- Can substitute in numbers instead of names
3. Players sit in a circle, line, or at desks, where they can see the gift pile
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
- Make sure everyone can see the gift when opened
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
Three Swaps and the Gift is Out. If a present gets stolen three times, it’s out of the game and the person who holds it gets to walk away with it.
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift (pick up from the pile), the game comes to an end
We hope you join us for a fun filled night!