Application deadline: May 20, 2015
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Description: Niagara Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in Chicago in 2004 currently with branches in Michigan, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. The foundation is committed to building global bridges locally by convening dialogue that fosters understanding, respect, and acceptance. Niagara Foundation envisions a community in which people from all walks of life interact with each other and cooperate to serve their communities, thereby strengthening civil society and promoting the development of shared human values.
Internship opportunities are available every quarter/semester for students who wish to participate in a learning environment where he or she will gain work experience for the future. The web design intern will work with the Director of Communications and webmaster to work on the Niagara website using HTML and PHP.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include: helping webmaster write PHP and HTML codes. This is an excellent opportunity for computer science students to build a stronger web presence and practice coding. Additionally, interns will be encouraged to participate in brainstorming and developing new programs and initiatives.
• Must be an undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate
• Must be able to commit at least 12 hours a week for 12 weeks in the office
• Ability to respectfully communicate and work with diverse community groups varying in age, religion, denomination, and ethnicity
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to process and protect confidential information
• Ability to work in a team-driven environment.
• Have excellent verbal, interpersonal skills
• Must have PHP and HTML experience
• Experience working with multiple media, i.e. video editing, photography, graphic design
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
Must attach a cover letter including the following:
1) Why you want to work for the Niagara Foundation
2) What you hope to learn/expect to learn through the internship program
3) Your weekly availability
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Required - WordPress
Click here for the link!